09 September 2026

Open Link



The End
Goodbye to "What's Going On?"

Thank you for accompanying us,
and especially for posting a poem today,
on our last day. We are retiring the blog site.  It's been quite a journey for the 4 of us and all of you together.  
And now, keep on writing! 

Today is an open link, so post what you'd like from your stash of self-made favorites.  You can post a new poem, too.



This last week I thought I'd show pics of animal friends I've lived with over the years. I love the view (above) of Sabrina and Mariah together sleeping in the sun, and (below) Miracle and Pierette in a rare and peaceful moment together.  Both sets of cats have crossed the rainbow bridge, though I still feel their spirits with me.


Again, today is an open link, so post what you'd like from your stash of self-made favorites.  You can post a new poem, too.

Continuing my cat theme (and my custom of including an inspiring poem or two), here's one from Marge Piercy:


Mine, says the cat, putting out his paw of darkness.
My lover, my friend, my slave, my toy, says
the cat making on your chest his gesture of drawing
milk from his mother’s forgotten breasts.

Let us walk in the woods, says the cat.
I’ll teach you to read the tabloid of scents,
to fade into shadow, wait like a trap, to hunt.
Now I lay this plump warm mouse on your mat.

You feed me, I try to feed you, we are friends,
says the cat, although I am more equal than you.
Can you leap twenty times the height of your body?
Can you run up and down trees? Jump between roofs?

Let us rub our bodies together and talk of touch.
My emotions are pure as salt crystals and as hard.
My lusts glow like my eyes. I sing to you in the mornings
walking round and round your bed and into your face.

Come I will teach you to dance as naturally
as falling asleep and waking and stretching long, long.
I speak greed with my paws and fear with my whiskers.
Envy lashes my tail. Love speaks me entire, a word

of fur. I will teach you to be still as an egg
and to slip like the ghost of wind through the grass.


πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›

The End
Goodbye to
"What's Going On?"
Thank you for accompanying us,
and especially for posting a poem today!

πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›


Please link one poem that is your response to this prompt.  
After you link your poem, please visit others,
and
Don't forget to include this link in your post.

3 comments:

  1. Again, thanks to those of you who have participated in our blog over the past few years, especially those of you who not only wrote poetry but also commented on the poems of others. I wish you all well in your writing life and continued creativity.

    Thank you, Susan, for the wonderful cat photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Susan, for hosting, and for the lovely photos of your beautiful kitties. I love the Piercy poem! Thank you, friends, for sharing poetry together these past couple of years. I hope to still find you in the blogosphere, as we continue our writing journeys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has been a wonderful journey together. Thank you everyone for being with us to make this poetic journey so memorable. Thanks Susan for hosting. I love the poem you've shared today and of course the cute photos. This line will stay with me, "You feed me, I try to feed you, we are friends,". So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete