05 August 2026

Eyes

 


What do you notice about a person when you first meet them?  Do you notice their height?  Their hair? Their clothing style?    The way they talk? Or their EYES?

When I first meet a person, notice their eyes. I think one can tell a lot about a person by their eyes?

Are they warm eyes?  Or cold eyes?  Do the eyes seem dead?  Do they dance?  

For you, what is the importance of YOUR eyes?

What can you tell about a person from THEIR eyes?

This week I would like you to write a poem that includes eyes.

Perhaps write about a particular person you know with expressive eyes, cold eyes, warm eyes, etc.

Perhaps write about something you see with your own eyes.

What do you hope that your eyes express?

Here are a few poems about eyes:

The Eye by Kahlil Gibran

Your Eyes are Blue by Gustavo Adolfo Becquer (1836-1870)

The Curve of Your Eyes by Paul Eluard

Anyway, think about EYES, and write a poem.  Wherever the theme takes you is fine.

And please, after you have written your poem and posted it on Mr. Linky, visit the poems of other poets who share their words. We all like visits as much as you so.

Mr. Linky will close on Sunday night at 8 p.m Eastern Time!







2 comments:

  1. Good day, friends! I really hope you will be inspired by this prompt.I think the subject might be one that most everyone would have thoughts about. At least, I hope so. Smiles.

    And please when you share your poem, do not forget to visit ALL of the poets who link. We all appreciate visits as much as you do. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mary..........I'm looking forward to the responses.

    ReplyDelete