26 June 2024

Doors

Doors


 


Good day, Friends!  First of all, above, I want to share with you above an 'oldie but goodie' piece of music:  "Looking Out My Backdoor." Such a happy song, isn't it?  It is the only video I could find of the original Creedence Clearwater Revival singing the song which was popular decades ago in in 1970. The song was composed by John Fogerty.  His brother Tom, part of the original group, died of AIDS in 1990.  

Anyway, this week I would like you to consider the DOORS in your life, doors that you have experienced, doors you dream about. Front doors.  Back doors.  Car doors.  And any other doors that come to your mind.  Write a poem that includes a door!  Simple as that!

Here are a few ideas, but don't be limited by them:

1. "The Door Ajar" -- write about a door that's slightly open, inviting you to explore what's on the other side of the door.

2.  "Behind Closed Doors" - - self-explanatory

3.  "The Door of Memory" -- Write a poem about a door that leads to a memory or moment from your past.

4.  "The Threshold" - - Describe the feeling of standing on the threshold of a new chapter in your life.

5.  "The Door of Opportunity" - - Write about a door that represents a chance for growth, change, or success.

6.  "The Door of Good-bye" -- Explore the emotions and memories that come with closing a door on a chapter in your life.

7.  "The Door of Wonder" --  Imagine a door that leads to aplace of awe and curiosity, and let us know what you find.

8.  "The Door of Freedom" --Write about a door that represents liberation, independence, and the power to choose one's own path.

Here is a 2005 version (made 35 years after the first video above) of "Looking Out My Backdoor" sung by John Fogerty (just for fun and for comparison) who is still touring today at age 78.  In fact, he will be visiting my city this summer.  I don't know about you, but sometimes I get very nostalgic when I listen to the old music and see these old videos.  

Please link your one poem below, and after you have linked, please visit other poets' work as well.  The Mr. Linky will close on Sunday at 8:00 p.m. Eastern time.  Enjoy.




19 comments:

  1. Good morning, Friends! Hope you enjoy this prompt and that all the doors that open to you take you to good places! Looking forward to reading your words!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Mary. Miss you at the List!

      Delete
    2. Shay, last week I was travelling and out of country, so I could not participate. Since returning home I am not feeling well at all. Sickest I have been in a while, so I won't be able to participate this week either. Sorry! I will be back next week.

      Delete
    3. Sorry to hear you're feeling ill! I just wasn't able to come up with anything about doors, even though it seems like an easy ask. I had been writing a lot last week and the inkwell was simply dry, I think.

      Delete
    4. Understandable. I feel that way some weeks as well. Mary

      Delete
  2. Thank you for another interesting prompt - Jae

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome, Jae!! Glad you found it interesting.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for the wonderful prompt, Mary. The old music takes me back, too, with such nostalgia. We were such wide-eyed dreamers then. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I just love the old music. Those were happy days!

      Delete
  4. Another wonderful prompt Mary. My poem today became a bit longer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Friends, if I am slow in responding, it is because I became very ill and have no energy. To the MD and tested for COVID, but it isn't that. (Thankfully) But I am miserable and am going to take a long nap now. If you post a poem, know that I will eventually respond. But just can't right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry, Mary. Rest and get better. Glad it isnt Covid, but it sounds terrible.

      Delete
    2. Oh Mary .. hope you are resting - perhaps asleep and will wake tomorrow feeling so much better.

      Delete
    3. I'm so sorry to hear that you are poorly, Mary, and I wish you a speedy recovery. I have linked up an old poem from February that fits the bill this week, as I have been busy this week.

      Delete
  6. Thank you so much for the prompt - I hope you get better soon, Mary .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Alan. I am feeling a bit better today.

      Delete
  7. Thank you for the inspiring prompt, Mary. So sorry you're sick. Hope you are (completely) better soon!

    ReplyDelete