07 February 2024

SAFE




Combinatoria

Your prompt today is: SAFE.  Yes, that's the word.  Think about the word in any way that you wish.  You might write about a safe like the one above, somewhere that valuables are stored. Or a bank safe.  Have you ever experienced not being able to get into a safe?  I have.  It is a horrible feeling.

More likely, however, you might choose to write about a place you feel safe (your home, a particular place in your community, a particular city, etc.) or a situation in which you have a sense of safety.  Or do some time travel, and think back to a time in your life when you felt very safe.  

You can also choose to write about  the opposite of safe.  Write about a time when you felt unsafe?  An unsafe place.  A situation that was unsafe.  A person with whom you have felt unsafe.  Or about how unsafe things often seem in general today.

Please link one poem that is your response to the material of this prompt.  When you link your poem, please visit other links, in the spirit of community.

Prompts will be posted Wednesday at 11 A.M. Eastern Time, and will close Sunday night at 8 P.M. Eastern time.

While you think about what to write about, here is a video of Capital Cities - "Safe and Sound," which I quite like.  Enjoy!





17 comments:

  1. Greetings, Poets! I am looking forward to reading what you write for this prompt. I think there are a lot of different options for inspiration. I am always surprised when I read what you come up with. Enjoy!! And, as always, visit other poets who write as well. The prompt will close next Sunday, so you have plenty of time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And, just for fun, watch the video. It is an 'oldie but goodie.' Despite its age, the presentation (I think) is very clever.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the prompt, Mary. I, too, enjoy all the varied responses to these prompts. Always amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, so much creativity. Already this first day I have seen people take the prompt in directions I never would have thought of! Smiles.

      Delete
  3. Good afternoon from Norfolk in the UK. I've just got back from the doctor and am slightly in shock. Can't go into detail, but I'm linking up a poem from last year. I will try to write a new poem next week, when things get back to normal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to see you, Kim. Sorry about the news at the doctor visit, and wishing you well. Glad to see your poem. It made me smile. You will see why!

      Delete
  4. Thank you for this wonderful prompt Mary. Enjoyed the video.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed the video, Sumana. A bit of nostalgia for me.

      Delete
  5. Wow, 8 links already. You folks are fasssssssssst. I'll see what i can do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, you did well, and such a frighteningly creative response!

      Delete
  6. Jae Rose and Annell--Google won't let me log in to your sites. I do not know why. I enjoyed your poems!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary,
    Thank you for your excellent prompt subject this week.
    I was thinking about my response, when computer gremlins delayed my ability to post my poem.
    All good now.
    I'll be visiting the other links over the next few days....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mary,
    At the moment I am having difficulties trying to post my comment at your poem.
    I'll try again later....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary,
      I have been successful with posting my comment to your poem.
      I have now visited all poems linked at this time:)

      Delete
    2. Glad you were successful, Eileen. Also nice to hear that you have visited everyone's poems as well, in the spirit of community! I know I always enjoy seeing what everyone comes up with!

      Delete
  9. Hi all... I will be back to read... My husband and I were hit with CoVid... just coming out of two weeks of a less than poetic experience. Good to be back and looking forward to reading! Hope all stay safe and well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My goodness, Pearl! So sorry that you and your husband were hit with Covid. Glad you are better now. We missed you here, so very glad you have returned and shared a poem with us.

      Delete